ALA Center for Civic Life
The David Mathews Center for Civic Life
The Conversation Continues @ your library
The Place Where Democracy Happens
NEW SERIES FALL 2014
Naming and Framing Public Issues
(Free 3-part series)
Tools for Naming and Framing Public Issues
Wednesday, December 3, 4 – 5 p.m. EDT / 3 – 4 p.m. CDT / 1 – 2 p.m. PDT
• Learn the steps and processes for leading a “naming and framing” effort.
• Apply tools that help people weigh options for moving forward together.
Beyond Deadlock: A Better Way to Talk about Difficult Issues
Tuesday, October 14, 4 – 5 p.m. EDT / 3 – 4 p.m. CDT / 1 – 2 p.m. PDT
• Learn to help people work together to talk about public issues and make choices.
• Uncover the deeper concerns of our communities.
Click here to view
3: Check-in (date tba)
For More Information, contact:
The American Library Association’s Center for Civic Life promotes community engagement and fosters public deliberation through libraries. The David Mathews Center for Civic Life fosters infrastructure, habits, and capacities for more effective civic engagement and innovative decision making.
– See more at: http://connect.ala.org/node/229063#sthash.GGhB332e.dpuf
See flyer: Naming&Framing-flyer-final-colorURL