My Favorite BBW Event So Far

Banned Books Week is still five days away, but Iowa State University is getting a jump on things with its Banned Books Jeopardy game. To be played tonight, “This is a game pitting prominent local panelists with literary backgrounds against each other to answer questions about banned books and authors.” Have a better one? Enter it on the Map of BBW Events!

More info about Banned Books Week here (including real life events), with a list of activities sponsored by ALA’s Office for Intellectual Freedom taking place in virtual worlds here and OIFtube videos here.

I’ve been familiar with BBW for years, but it wasn’t until I started working at ALA that I realized it’s a collaborative event that is also sponsored by the American Booksellers Association, the American Booksellers Foundation for Free Expression, the American Society of Journalists and Authors, the Association of American Publishers, the National Association of College Stores, and endorsed by the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress.

Share Me, Seymour:
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Tumblr
  • FriendFeed
  • Posterous
  • Twitter
  • email
  • Diigo

One Response to “My Favorite BBW Event So Far”

1. Film fan Says:

No mention about the nationwide showings of The Hollywood Librarian during Banned Books Week? THat’s going to be pretty big.

[Reply]

Leave a Reply

Notify me of followup comments via email. You can also subscribe without commenting.