Present a Poster Session at Annual Conference

The ALA Poster Session Review Panel, chaired by Candace Benefiel, is now accepting applications for presenting poster sessions at the 2008 ALA Annual Conference. The 2008 ALA Annual Poster Sessions will be held during the ALA Annual Conference in Anaheim, CA, on Saturday, June 28, Sunday, June 29, and Monday, June 30, 2008.

The application form or both US and international submissions is available on the poster session website. The deadline for submitting an application is January 31, 2008, so don’t wait until the Midwinter Meeting to be inspired! Applicants will be notified by March 31, 2008 whether their submission has been accepted for presentation at the conference.

Poster sessions are static visual presentations, such as a description of an innovative library program, an analysis of a practical problem-solving effort, or a report on research study. They can be the final product of the work … or just the beginning of a larger presentation or publication. The ALA Poster Session site has more information, including pictures of actual posters, and the ALA Professional Tips wiki links to additional several other discussions of poster sessions.

Contact Candace Benefiel with any questions concerning the review process.

After you have presented your poster session, have someone take a picture of you with your poster and add it to the Group photo pool for Posters on Flickr.

Karen

Share Me, Seymour:
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Tumblr
  • FriendFeed
  • Posterous
  • Twitter
  • email
  • Diigo

2 Responses to “Present a Poster Session at Annual Conference”

1. Sarah Says:

And I just spent the morning looking for this info on the ALA website AND the conference site… Is it even ON the conference site?

Good grief!

[Reply]

2. Jenny Says:

Hi, Sarah —

Sorry this was so frustrating for you. We realize this type of thing is a problem, and we’re discussing how to resolve it internally. There’s so much “stuff” about conference that it’s like herding cats to aggregate it all, but rest assured we’ll be working on this.

I’ll make sure there’s a link to this post from the Annual conference wiki, but we’re still building it so not everything is there yet. There’s already a link to the poster session page itself under “general information” on the conference webpage. We’ve also added a link from the “programs and sessions” page, too.

If you see something missing, please feel free to add it to the wiki if you have the info or leave us a comment and we’ll do our best to track down the answer.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you at Annual.

Jenny Levine
    jlevine@ala.org

[Reply]

Leave a Reply

Notify me of followup comments via email. You can also subscribe without commenting.