If you are attending ALA or can get to Chicago or know a student in Chicago who wants to make a little pin money and get into the exhibitor’s booth and our MIG meeting, please forward…
How do you get started if you want to make a difference in America?
That is the question posed by NOW on PBS executive producer John Siceloff and writer Jason Maloney in their book, Your America: Democracyâ€™s Local Heroes and answered in the inspiring biographies of grassroots activists and companion video produced by NOW on PBS. http://www.pbs.org/now/youramerica
PBS NOW is seeking a representative to work at the Palgrave Macmillan publisherâ€™s booth at the ALA conference in Chicago July 11-14 to promote the book, Your America.
AND they are willing to pay $25 per hour for three hours per day – you make your own schedule between 9:00-5:00 July 11-13 and 9-2 on the 14th!
Iâ€™ve negotiated a couple of other perks that should be of interest â€¦
Hereâ€™s what you will get in addition to $75 per day for 3 hours of work:
- An exhibitor badge that will get you into the ALA exhibit halls
- You will also get to attend the ALA Membership Initiative Group: Libraries Foster Civic Engagement on Sunday, July 12, 2009, 10:30 – 12:00 pm (See Blog announcement: http://tinyurl.com/lno26q ) This is a great place to meet librarians who are involved in civic engagement and social justice issues in their communities!
- A copy of the book Americaâ€™s Heroes
Hereâ€™s what you need to do:
- Be at the exhibitorâ€™s booth for three hours per day to promote the book, answer questions, and take down information or queries for the publisher
- Be prepared to talk about the book
- See promotion sheet for talking points: http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/t%24mofvK4De19Dsaz4xnjjA%3D%3D220672
- Also check out the videos and additional information on the PBS NOW website: http://www.pbs.org/now/youramerica/
- Share your thoughts afterward
The publicist has two exhibitor badges so even if you cannot be available all four days, it may still be possible to share this assignment.
If you are interested, contact ASAP:
Lawana P. Dykes
Your America – Marketing
(609) 567-2354 (FAX)